Collecting information and its use:
When you interact with our Website, or request our Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you contact us or request a quote
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your full name, email address, contact telephone number, and postcode. If you are within the Europe Economic Area (EEA) you can ask to see, correct, or withdraw that information at any time by sending us a request.
- Your payment information, if you are a paying customer. This is required to complete a commercial transaction. We use this information to enable and fulfil your transaction.
Information that is automatically collected
Certain information is automatically collected when you use our website, and are logged in our systems, including:
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with SolarFrame and your use of the Site, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site and record it in log files. This log data may include the internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data. We use this information to analyse trends and help to build a better user experience for those making use of our website.
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site.
- Usage information. This is information about the SolarFrame Site, and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyse how users use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site and provide a better service to our visitors.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices access our Site.
- Cookies. Data obtained from cookies are described fully in our “Cookies & Technology Policy”, we use this information to show which pages a visitor accesses, and to help personalise their experience based on these findings.
How does SolarFrame use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us administer our Site, authenticate users for security purposes, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, and usability of our Site, and/or Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, and/or Services, product announcements, and updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance.
- To send you direct marketing emails and special offers from SolarFrame, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will only send you marketing information if you explicitly consent to us doing so at the time you register an interest with us, contact us, or any point thereafter.
- To calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, and/or Services.
Information Access and Disclosure
Does SolarFrame share my Information?
We will only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operational needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including communications, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data relevant to our instructions and to perform their duties for us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, and/or Services.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SolarFrame and users of our Site, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including law enforcement requests.
Does SolarFrame sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, we do not sell or rent your Personal Data. SolarFrame does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of marketing, sales, or enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Will SolarFrame send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, promotional events, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within SolarFrame emails or by contacting us at any time to let us know you would like to not be contacted for sales or marketing purposes. All SolarFrame customers will continue to receive transactional, or contractual messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
We rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, SolarFrame may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Site, and/or Services. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Request a Personal Data report by submitting a request in writing to us, either by post or electronically. This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. Please note that SolarFrame may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted. You can request to update any information that we hold that is incorrect or can request we remove your Personal Data that is not relevant to an ongoing contract with SolarFrame.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Complain to a regulator. If you think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to SolarFrame will be transferred to, processed, and stored within Europe. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed.
How secure is my Information?
SolarFrame is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards.
If SolarFrame learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site.
How can I delete my Personal Data from SolarFrame?
You can remove your Personal Data from SolarFrame at any time by sending us a formal request to do so. Please note that, for contractual reasons, we may not be able to delete your information if you have an ongoing account with us.
How long is Personal Data retained?
We may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
How does this affect the 'Refer a Friend' scheme?
On completion of a project, part of our handover includes inviting our customers to leave us a review online, and to make any recommendations to friends and family who may be interested in our products. We may contact individuals who have been recommended and inform them of the recommendation made and seek their consent to contact them in the future about our business directly. We do not record any information without explicit consent of the individual, and as such any recommendations we receive are not recorded or added to a database.
As SolarFrame continues to evolve, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of SolarFrame after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy.
SolarFrame Direct Limited