SolarFrame is looking for an experienced and qualified Health and Safety adviser/manager to join our friendly team.
You will be responsible for three manufacturing sites within the business, all based in South Yorkshire. You will report directly to the Managing Director and ensure the consistent implementation and progression of a positive safety culture within this fast-growing business.
Key responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Environment Advisor:
- Carry out site inspections, internal and external audits to identify any unsafe practices and educate the teams towards the correct methods of work.
- Determine good working practices, raise standards, identify and address gaps in our H&S performance.
- Keep up to date with SHE legislation and company policies and procedures, and ensure that the teams are following these.
- Liaise with senior management teams, offering SHE advice as necessary and attending regular SHE meetings.
- Lead accident/incident investigations and determine methods to prevent recurrence.
- Provide the management team with reports and chair safety meetings.
- Produce and review risk assessments and method statements.
- Achieve and maintain KPI’s set by senior management.
- Provide training to all employees as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be highly computer literate with good experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Hold NEBOSH General Cert as a minimum, preferably Grad Iosh status and working towards CMIOSH or be CMIOSH registered.
- Have a valid UK Driving Licence.
- Preferably with experience in the manufacturing industry and on-site installation work.
- Understanding of environmental issues and impacts.
- Training skills.
- You will have a positive approach to reporting and a proactive approach to prevention and accountability.
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement plans would be beneficial.
Salary approximately £40,000 - £42,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Applications in the form of a CV and a covering letter which includes an indication of salary expectations should be sent to Hazel Cameron, Human Resources Manager, SolarFrame Ltd., Davey Road, Goldthorpe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire S63 0JF.
Alternatively you can apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25 January 2019